the Responsible Science
series by lettered
- Bruce & everyone, Tony/Pepper, teen. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. The writing, the SCIENCE, the insights into the characters, all the things said and not said, was all utterly fascinating. I love how the author never took the easy way out, and was able to take them from Africa to New York and keep everything vibrant and in character, through discovery and hurt and saving the world and everything in between. There is running away and facing their demons, there are great original characters and great ensemble characters from all across the movieverse. There is team-building and world saving, there is technological de-aging and an epic Groundhog Day scenario. It's heartbreaking and challenging and fascinating, with enough flirting and possibilities and will-they-won't-they to keep the shippers happy. I enjoyed every bit of it. Five stars.Avengers:
the Armed and Dangerous
series by AlchemyAlice
- Tony/Bucky, Tony/Bucky/Steve, Pepper/Coulson, Clint/robots, mature. Bucky wakes up. Tony takes a liking to him. Steve frowns a lot. Also, there is some Avenging going on. And tech porn.
This whole series was a delight. I think the world needs more polyamorous billionaires and superheroes from the 40s threesomes, and myriad small sentient robots, no question. I am also totally sold on Pepper/Coulson, which, who knew?Avengers: Moving The Furniture
- Steve/Natasha, mature. Steve thinks about sex a lot, and he'd like to have some, if he could just stop being an idiot around the people he'd like to have it with.
A lovely first time, friends with benefits type deal. Where, oh where, is all the Steve/Natasha fic? I've been looking, and I tell you, it's thin on the ground. But this is lovely.Teen Wolf: They Call Kids Like Us Vicious
- Derek/Allison, explicit. Where Chris takes in Derek after the fire. Dark and delightful. I can really see Derek and Allison in this story. Teen Wolf: No Homo
- Derek/Stiles, explicit. Where Derek answers a craigslist ad - "str8 dude - m4m - strictly platonic" - so Stiles has a jerking off buddy, and things go from there. Yes, this sounds utterly ridiculous, and yes, Stiles is the dumbest dummy ever to dumb, but it's really a delightful read, and oh-so very hot. It's a long read and I kept thinking, but they're so DUMB, but kept reading because I loved it whole big bunches. Stargate: Atlantis: Freedom's Just Another Word For Nothing Left To Lose
- past Rodney/John, PG-13. This fic was written after season 2, set after the end of their time in Atlantis. Rodney goes back to Earth and finds a job teaching. SGC finally stops calling him by December. Rodney celebrates by writing a final exam for his relativity class so difficult that it reduces four students to tears in the exam hall. Upon reflection, he decides to be merciful and offer partial credit.
And it's extraordinary. Filled with such mourning for a life, and for lives, gone forever, but finding purpose and happiness despite it all. Bravo, Rodney. Queer as Folk UK: You want me to leave it there
- Stuart Alan Jones/Vince Tyler, teen. "Maybe I'm not your partner," said Vince. "Maybe I'm your companion."
Where Stuart and Vince settle down, in their own inimitable way, in the US and life goes on. And it's marrrrrvellous. The Cabin in the Woods: Monsters, Inc.
- monsters/monsters, teen. Because monsters need love too. Very entertaining and very in the spirit of the film.Crossposted: http://nomelon.dreamwidth.org/230998.html