You remember the days when I said I couldn't get behind Will/Hannibal in case Hannibal ate his face when they were making out, and wasn't interested in Steve/Bucky because there were much more interesting things going on in the Avengers fandom? Yeah... yeah, me too.Captain America: Half of the History (We Shall Never Know)
- Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers, Bucky/Steve/Peggy, Bucky/Steve/Natasha, explicit. This is a war story.
One of those fics I stayed up faaaar too late reading because I just couldn't stop. It's really spectacular: a war story through and through, then lives led far beyond what they thought they'd get to have. I loved this version of Bucky and The Winter Soldier, and the way he and Steve were together, as necessary and natural as breathing. Beautifully written and hurty and hopeful.Captain America: Winter's Children
- Bucky/Steve, explicit. When their attempts to recreate the super soldier serum failed, Hydra started trying to breed Captain America clones from his genetic samples. Unfortunately, the serum's effects aren't passed down genetically, so instead of an army of tiny Captain Americas, they get a bunch of tow-headed, asthmatic, allergic, immuno-compromised little Steves.
Oh, man. Amazing. How the author managed to put the Winter Soldier in this position and make it believable and make it work AND make each of the characters compelling and unique AND make it so very hurty and so very delightful all at once... I do not know. But loved every bit of it. So full of hurt and hope. Tony's interaction with Bucky was delightful.Captain America: Not Easily Conquered
- Steve/Peggy, Steve/Bucky, mature. Steve survives the crash, marries Peggy, whom he is madly in love with, and in 1966 thirteen letters that Bucky wrote are found. AND GOOD GOD. The DETAILS in this fic. The LONGING. Wonderful.Avengers: Debt
- Tony/Loki, teen. Tony Stark shouldn't find Loki fascinating, but he does, because all he’s ever wanted to do is take things apart to see how they work. Besides, he’s never been any good at following the rules.
Marvellous. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Batman: Rumplestiltskin
- Jonathan Crane/Bruce Wayne, Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn, explicit. Bruce Wayne finds Jonathan Crane and makes the mistake of taking him home. Things don't get any better when Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn roll up into town.
This is quite brutal and awful, but very compelling and rather marvellous and I was fascinated by the whole thing. Just like you'd expect Gotham to be, I suppose. This is what happens when there is fear toxin and rampant mentally ill supervillans and scary man-bats running around. I'd expect nothing less. Batman: Straightway Dangerous
- Jonathan Crane/Joker, mature. Jonathan Crane and the Joker in Arkham. Oh, the mayhem and destruction these two boys could wreak.Hannibal: Taken for Rubies
- Will/Hannibal, explicit. Will invites Hannibal over for dinner. Hannibal brings him wine and flowers. A dissection of their pasts and the slow convergence of their domestic lives.
Oh my GOD. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. There were parts of this that were that rare kind of scorching hot, where the tension and the want and the "oh, this is so very wrong but we're going to do it anyway as it's been missing from my life basically forever" were palpable. The way they were together was divine, their wants and needs and the lengths they would go to and the things they would give up for each other. Such details and writing. emungere gives AMAZING Will/Hannibal. A truly wonderful read. Five stars.Hannibal: get over that hold out
- Will/Hannibal, teen. Will's obligated to attend the annual BAU Christmas party. Katz wants him to feel like part of the team, Jack's just trying to indulge his wife, Price is going for the open bar--and Will knows there's no way Dr. Lecter would be caught dead at such a black-tie travesty.
Is a fluffy Hannibal fic even possible? Apparently so. Not even that it was super fluffy, but just felt like it was because, y'know, Hannibal
. This was lovely, and still very them.Hannibal: down the rabbit hole
- Will/Hannibal, explicit. He went to sleep in an asylum; he woke up in a reality not his own. (The non-opaque summary: Will wakes up in a universe where he and Hannibal are dating.)
This whole series was wonderful. Rich and detailed and fascinating.Mad Max: Fury Road: Dust and Fire
- Max, Furiosa, teen. The first ones show up three months after. Furiosa came to realize Max wasn't sending them their way just to be safe, to be helped, but also so they could help her, help her people.
This was gorgeous. Rich and awful with that delicious blend of hope and fatalism.Mad Max: Fury Road: Max of the Blue Place
- Furiosa/Max, ensemble, teen. These are the things men do. They steal and they hurt and they kill the world. But they love and they cry and they kiss their babies too. These are the things men do.
Ah, god this whole series was fantastic. The world the author expanded on, the difficulties they all have in just being and surviving and finding their way, but building something stronger and better in the aftermath of Joe, not to mention figuring out how to be free and how to love... superb. I really enjoyed the read.Once Upon a Time: Home Before Midnight
- Rumplestiltskin/Belle, teen. I actually started reading this because I apparently can't read and thought it was Rumple/Emma, imagine my disappointment, but it was so very good that I kept on reading. It ended up being so much more sensible than how the show went and a hugely satisfying read with great attention to all the characters. So I highly recommend it!Pirates of the Caribbean: The Last of the Great Navigators
- Jack Sparrow/Will Turner, explicit. Autumn is a season, an age, a state of mind, and Jack is starting to feel the cold. Fifteen years after Jack falls off Fort Royal and our heroes are not quite as young as they used to be.
Just... lovely. Growing older and mellowing but still being dastardly pirates.Suits: You'd Look Good On Me
and the sequel You've Got Me Now (Under Your Thumb)
- Harvey/Mike, NC-17. Harvey is Harvey and Mike is a tailor working for Rene. And it's really schmaltzy and just lovely.Crossposted: http://nomelon.dreamwidth.org/250002.html