- MacGyver/Dalton, teen. MacGyver rebounds and Jack talks too much after sex.
346 words of the boys being boys with benefits. WHO IS WRITING ME MORE MCGYVER FIC. GRABBY HANDS, MOTHERFUCKER. GRABBY. HANDS.Avengers: In the Deed the Glory
series by queenmab_scherzo
- Steve/Bucky, explicit. Steve and Bucky end up playing for rival college football teams.
But omg omg the author really pulls in the feeling and the emotion of the Winter Soldier and transfers it to this setting. It's so absorbing, so detailed. I know next to nothing about how the game of (haha AMERICAN) football is played, but the games were so TENSE, gah. It was like fighting a war. I spent two days reading this fic in every spare moment and I really loved it. Poor broken Bucky and they way they found their way back to each other... Lovely details, lovely tension, great cast, lovely LOVE, oh the LOVE. Five stars.Avengers: Soulmate Theory for Dummies
- Bucky/Tony, Bucky/Steve, mature. The moment someone thinks they know something about a mark, someone else, somewhere else, proves them wrong.
WONDERFUL. I loved the author's take on the soulmarks and how they didn't over-explain, snarky Tony, and gruff Bucky operating under bad intel.Hannibal: What We May Be
- Will/Hannibal, explicit. Post-fall, Hannibal and Will escape to Europe, wounded and hurting. Very quickly things turn bad, and Will seeks to hide them both away on a small island in the Mediterranean, to cut them off from the world and for them to be alone together.
I stayed up WAYYY too late to finish this. I love how the author captured so many things: suspense, cuteness, silliness, horror, and lots more besides. Very much in character, and I loved Hannibal's struggle with who he was now, and Will's struggle to walk that line of what he'd become and what they'd already done together without willingly becoming a monster.Hannibal: Uncharted Sea
- Hannibal/Will, mature. Set directly after the end of season three. Hannibal finally wakes from his injuries, and it becomes clear that he remembers nothing.
I got to the end and went: Gahhhhh and THEN what happened? It was hard to imagine a Hannibal bereft of his memories but the author made it perfectly believable, and then to have Will have to give voice to what they were to each other... Wonderful.Hannibal: Never Let It Starve
- Will puts two and two together earlier and there's no encephalitis to worry about. I loved the mentally healthier Will sliding down that same slippery slope and landing at Hannibal's feet despite himself.Hannibal: Where You Can Always Find Me
series by northern
- Hannibal/Will, explicit. Will tries to structure their relationship by asking Hannibal to be his dog part of the time. That sounds like comedy, but it's puppy play and angst and feelings.
This was strange and quite lovely.Dredd: How Far Down
- Dredd, Anderson, teen. 17,000 serious crimes are reported every day. How many more aren't?
Very them, and very a very interesting look at Mega City One.Dredd: Some Kind of Resolution
- Dredd/Anderson, teen. He doesn't understand what this is.
Lovely and sparse. I love how conflicted Dredd was, so like him but so not. Dredd: A Thousand Other Faces
- Dredd/Anderson, teen. This is not a love story.
Very them. Aliens: The Scars That Silence Carved
- Hicks/Ripley, mature. Little penetrates outside of the singular fact that they're alive. All three of them.
Oh, if only it had been like this. I loved their war weariness tangled with the hope that they'll get through it together. Tough little Newt.Sherlock: Nature and Nuture
series by earlgreytea68
- Sherlock/John, ensemble, mature. The British Government accidentally clones Sherlock Holmes. Which brings a baby to 221B Baker Street.
This was a fabulous read. Funny and silly and awful and scary and overwhelming. The LOVE, oh my goodness. The way Sherlock was so very Sherlock but opened himself up to this new thing... so lovely.Crossposted: http://nomelon.dreamwidth.org/256965.html